Classes at no additional cost
- Yoga with Marcie Ciarrocca: see bio below
- Library Month: see description below
- Mad Scientists: www.calgary.madscience.org • Fall Topics: Outer Space, Taste & Keep in Touch (see handout for description)
- Music with Cliff Schneider: bio to follow…
- starts in Oct) Dance/Theatre with Truus Verkley from Puddle of Mud Productions: https://www.puddleofmudproductions.com/about1-c1x1t
Optional classes at additional cost:
- Lego from Bricks4kidz: http://www.bricks4kidz.com/canada-alberta-calgary/ : see sign up info below
- (starts in Oct) Spanish from Giulliana Arevalo at: www.jugando.ca
- French from Alliance Francaise at: www.afcalgary.ca : sign up info pending. Will be sent out next week.
Marcie Ciarrocca, the owner of Willow + Birch yoga, was raised in Calgary and is happy to call this beautiful city home. Marcie has a BSc. In Environmental Science from Royal Roads University. Her yoga journey began in 2006 while traveling. In 2016 she completed her 200 hour yoga teacher training at Junction 9 through Blacksmith Yoga Community and her 95 hour kids yoga teacher training at Sempriviva. She has volunteered with children for most of her life and hopes to share the benefits of yoga with all age groups. Her classes include educational stories, songs, games, breathing, and relaxation exercises.
Cliff Schneider: Mr Music Man
My name is Cliff Schneider. I am a Husband ( 41 years ), father of four sons and one grandson 😊and a school bus driver. When my children were small I would sing and play their favorite songs. During their primary schools days I had opportunity to volunteer in their classrooms where I would sing, play and tell stories. I had just as much fun watching the children's reactions to my music as they had participating. I found other outlets for my talents after that. I worked in Hospice for 7 years and I would play for patients and their families. Through a series of events I started playing in daycares and that has been my focus ever since. I have also done special event concerts: birthdays, Christmas parties etc. Cheers, Cliff.
Library Month at your Daycare!
My name is Larissa from the Calgary Public Library Louise Riley Community Library.
- A fun, interactive a (or two) 20-25 minute story time each week with songs, rhymes and picture books
- free library cards for all the children,
- resources for Daycare staff,
- take-home information for parents,
- a mini collection of appropriate library books for your staff to use with the children throughout the month. This program is targeted for 2 and 5 year olds. Library staff lead a 20-25 minute storytime for each class. We will repeat many of the songs and rhymes over the 4 weeks so the children and the staff will learn them, and provide a handout with the words for each family and staff member at the end. Each week we will bring something for the children to take home. The first week, there will be a parent letter and library card. On the first week, we will bring a mini-collection of appropriate picture books for your daycare to use throughout the month – for your staff to lead storytimes or free reading time for the kids. We will bring some great books for your staff as well that will be full of ideas related to early childhood care and development. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email or call me!
Again, my name is Larissa and my email address is email@example.com my phone number is 403-221-2045 please get in touch!
Lego Sign Up Info:
Little Builders (Ages 2-3) Kids will learn interesting facts about real world objects and animals in these interactive lessons which reinforce color, shape, sound and number recognition. Each week will focus on a different project theme and will include lots of time for guided Duplo building as well as imaginative creation and a finger play or short story related to what is being built. Classes will follow unit themes.
Jr. Architects (Ages 4-5) Kids will combine learning and fun in these hands-on classes as we engage them in building real world objects with traditional LEGO® bricks. Projects are designed to encourage creativity and imagination while enforcing essential learning literacy, math and spatial reasoning skills. Build themes may include buildings, bridges, animals, transportation and more! We will progress to motorized model building with our technic lego project kits as we introduce gear, pulleys, and power functions and discuss and engineering concepts of scale, torque, friction and gear ratio.
My name is Giulliana (pronounced “Julie-Anna”) Arevalo and I have more than 12 years of experience teaching pre-schoolers and elementary students in Canada and Peru. I was born in Lima, Peru, and speak Spanish as my first language. Calgary has been my home since 2001. I have a B.ed. From San Marcos Peruvian University. I love travelling and interacting with people from all over the world is my passion. JUGANDO (pronounced “who-gan-doe”), the Spanish word for “playing”, is the name of my Spanish Centre for Kids. I’ve drawn on my experience in early childhood education to create a fantastic Spanish-as-a-second-language curriculum for children aged10. I’m excited to introduce your child to the amazing world of Spanish and language learning through singing, dancing, story-telling, and most importantly: PLAYING!